Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Candles

It has come to my attention that an agglomeration (trying to use some of my SAT vocab!) of people absolutely love to burn candles during the winter, mostly for the warm aroma. Bath and Body Works sells some amazingly yummy smelly three-wick candles (Frosted Cupcake, anyone?), but I'd like to remind everyone about the harms in burning candles.

I don't want to get too scientific and eco-friendly freak on you, but the burning of candles not only burns oxygen (which gives YOU less oxygen to breathe in), but also releases an abundance of carbon dioxide, which causes global warming. Why does too much carbon dioxide cause global warming? In a nutshell, carbon dioxide is known to insulate heat. Assuming that global warming IS happening, the great amount of CO2 will further cause the increased temperature to stay at its increased state. (Did that make sense?) So basically, it'll make our planet stay hot, like a blanket.

I know that candles smell oh-so-good, and I don't mean to make you feel guilty, but just a quick warning to not burn too many this holiday season!


1 comment:

  1. WOOO!!! GO ECOFRIENDY CHINDAY! WE MUST HELP PRESERVE THE PLANET...OUR ONLY MOTHER NATURE EARTH! YAYYYYYYY

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (=